- The security of your account login information is your responsibility. The Company is not liable for any damages or loss incurred due to a failure to keep account information secure.
- You are solely responsible for all content and activity posted under your Therapy Companion account.
- Use of the Service must not violate laws in your jurisdiction, including any copyright laws. Use of the Service for illegal purposes is prohibited.
- Your full legal name and a valid email address must be supplied to complete the registration process.
- Only one person may use a given login profile. Multiple people using a single login is not permitted.
- Accounts must be registered by “humans” and not by automated processes or “bots”.
Payment, Refunds, Upgrading & Downgrading Terms
- There is a limit of one 30 day free trial per user, per email address.
- For any upgrade in a monthly plan and/or storage capacity there will be a new rate charged at the next billing cycle. There will also be a prorated additional charge to account for the upgraded days from the previous billing cycle.
- For any downgrade in a monthly plan and/or storage capacity there will be a new rate charged at the next billing cycle. There will be no prorating for downgrades between billing cycles.
- When downgrading your Service, either the monthly plan or the storage, there may be a result in the loss of capacity to your account (eg. number of clients, total storage available, number of items allowed in the database). The Company does not accept any liability for such a loss.
- All fees charged by the Company are exclusive of any taxes or other duties imposed by taxing authorities. You shall be responsible for payment of any such taxes or duties.
- Therapy Companion is a monthly, pay as you go subscription service, so we do not provide refunds. Billing occurs every 30 days, and you may cancel your subscription to the service any time, stopping any future charges.
- Declined payments will be handled as follows: 1) After a payment is declined we will notify the account owner by email. 2) 3 days after the initial declined payment we will attempt to process the payment once again, and if payment is declined we will notify the account owner again. 3) We will attempt to process the missed payment once again 10 days after the original declined payment. If this payment attempt also fails, we will notify the account owner by email. 4) We will make a final payment attempt 30 days after the initial declined payment. Should that attempt fail we will cancel the account, deleting all files, assets in the database, and clients.
Cancellation and Termination
- You can cancel your account at any time by clicking on your Plan link in the navigation bar. On the Plan page you will find a simple “no questions asked” cancellation link. You are solely responsible for ensuring your account is properly cancelled. You may not use email or phone to cancel your account.
- All assets including files, homework items, clients are deleted immediately upon cancellation. This information cannot be recovered once it is deleted.
- In the case of cancelling the Service before the end of the currently paid up billing cycle, there will be no prorating for unused time in that billing cycle.
- The Company has the right to suspend or terminate your account and refuse all current or future use of the Service for any reason at any time. Such termination of Service will result in the deactivation or deletion of your Account and the forfeiture and relinquishment of all content in your account.
Modifications to the Service and Prices
- The Company may modify, add, or remove, on a permanent or temporary basis, certain features of the Service, with or without notice.
- The Company reserves the right to change prices of all Services, subject to given users 30 days. Such notice may be provided at any time by posting the changes to the Therapy Companion site or the Service itself.
- The Company shall not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, price change, suspension, or discontinuance of the Service.
Copyright and Content Ownership
- All content that is posted on the service must comply with the copyright law in your jurisdiction.
- All materials that you create or upload on the Service remain yours. The Company claims to have no ownership rights.
- The Company provides the Service on an “as is” and “as available” basis. Use of the Service is at your own risk.
- The Company provides technical support via email only.
- The amount of data your account can download each month is limited to ten times the maximum amount of data storage associated with your plan.
- Hosting is provided via third party hosting partners who provide the necessary hardware, software, and networking storage in order to run the Service.
- Modifications or attempts to hack the Service are prohibited.
- Modifications of another website to make it appear that it is affiliated with the Service or the Company is prohibited.
- You agree not to reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell, or exploit any portion of the Service, use of the Service, or access to the Service without the express written permission of the Company.
- We may, but have no obligation to, remove content and accounts that we determine in our sole discretion are unlawful or violate any party's intellectual property or these Terms of Service.
- Verbal, written, or other abuse of any Service customer or Company employee will result in immediate account termination.
- The Company reserves the right to temporarily disable your account if your usage significantly exceeds the average usage of other Service customers. Attempts will be made to contact the account owner before any disruption, except in the case where the performance of the Service for other users might be negatively impacted.
- The Company does not warrant that i) the Service has been designed to meet your specific requirements, ii) that the Service will be uninterrupted, timely, secure, or error-free, iii) that the results which may the user might obtain by the use of the Service will be accurate or reliable, iv) that any errors in the Service will be corrected.
- You expressly understand and agree that the Company shall not be liable for any direct or indirect damages, including but not limited to, damages for loss of profits, data or other intangible losses, resulting from: i) the use or the inability to use the service, ii) unauthorized access to or alteration of your transmissions or data, iii) or any other matter relating to the Service.
- The failure of the Company to exercise or enforce any right or provision of the Terms of Service shall not constitute a waiver of such a right or provision. The Terms of Service constitute the entire agreement between you and the Company and govern your use of the Service.